Scottsdale Nurse Malpractice Lawyers
Patients spend a lot of time with nurses, who are responsible for administering medicine, taking vital signs, following doctors' instructions per patient needs and providing direct patient care. However, fatigue, miscommunication and staffing issues may hinder the quality of a nurse's care.
At the law firm of Knapp & Roberts, we represent clients who have been injured due to a nursing error, as well as family members who have lost a loved one to a fatal nursing error. A medical error can cause a lifetime of pain and suffering. It is important to talk to a medical malpractice attorney if you have experienced the effects of medical negligence.
When You Need A Medical Malpractice Attorney
If medical negligence caused your serious personal injury you may have a legal case. We care and we can help. Let us tell your story. For a FREE consultation, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer in Phoenix today. Call (800) 541-4477 or contact us online.
Causes of Nursing Errors
Medical errors can cause serious injury or death. Some of the most common causes of nursing errors include:
- Miscommunication. Miscommunication between nurses at a shift change, between nurses and doctors, or between nurses and other parties can contribute to a medical or medication error.
- Low nurse-to-patient ratio. The more patients a nurse must care for, the less time each patient spends getting quality and direct care.
- Long shifts. Nurses frequently work 12-hour shifts. When fatigue sets in, patient safety issues may arise.
- Shortage of registered nurses. Less experienced nurses and nurse's aides are fulfilling more duties at hospitals and clinics due to a shortage of RNs.
- Failure to follow doctor's instructions. Illegible writing and misunderstandings may explain why some nurses fail to follow doctors' orders.
If you received substandard care from a nurse and were injured as a result, you should discuss your situation with an attorney from our firm. We take nursing error cases to trial, effectively communicating to a jury how your life has been changed due to nursing negligence.
Contact a Scottsdale Nurse Malpractice Attorney
Free initial consultation. If you or someone close to you has been injured at an Arizona hospital or clinic due to nursing negligence, e-mail us to learn how we can help.