Medical Negligence Due To Failure to Diagnose
Patients should not have to worry about being harmed by the health care system, but the system fails far too often. A doctor in a hurry, a misread test result, or a mistake in a lab report can result in a misdiagnosis and improper medical treatment that can worsen a medical problem.
Failure to diagnose a medical problem can lead to sick patients being sent home where they become sicker. When the result is life-changing injury or wrongful death, this failure can be difficult for patients or surviving families to understand.
If you believe that a doctor, pathologist, radiologist or other medical provider was negligent in failing to diagnose your illness or a loved one's cancer, you deserve answers. A medical misdiagnosis attorney at Knapp & Roberts can help you find those answers.
When You Need A Medical Malpractice Attorney
If medical negligence caused your serious personal injury, you may have a legal case. We care and we can help. Let us tell your story. For a FREE consultation, talk to a Phoenix medical malpractice attorney today. Call (800) 541-4477 or contact us online.
Misdiagnosis And Failure To Diagnose
The medical malpractice attorneys of Knapp & Roberts help individuals and family member who were harmed by a medical mistake, including:
- Misdiagnosis of cancer. Skin cancer, sarcoma, breast cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, and other cancers get worse with time. A cancer misdiagnosis can mean no treatment or if the cancer is diagnosed later, it may be too late for meaningful treatment. If a cancer misdiagnosis caused a far graver situation or even wrongful death, talk to an Arizona failure to diagnose lawyer at Knapp & Roberts.
- Heart attack and stroke misdiagnosis. When a patient comes to an emergency room with heart attack or stroke symptoms, a wrong diagnosis can mean a delay in care and heart or brain injury.
- Head injury misdiagnosis. When a subdural hematoma, concussion or aneurysm is misdiagnosed as a headache and the patient is sent home without treatment, the result can be permanent disability or death.
- Infection misdiagnosis. If a medical professional fails to properly treat an infection, the patient could die or face amputation of an infected limb.
- Meningitis misdiagnosis. When doctors misread symptoms and fails to order the appropriate tests, meningitis can be misdiagnosed as simply a case of flu. The result of such a missed diagnosis is often wrongful death.
The medical misdiagnosis attorneys at Knapp & Roberts know that the delay in treatment caused by a failure to make a diagnosis can unfairly limit treatment options, may take away patient's opportunity to fight a disease, sickness or cancer and can cause unnecessary damage and heartache.
Let Us Tell Your Story
Free initial consultation. Contact our Scottsdale or Phoenix medical malpractice law firm online or call us at 480-991-7677 (toll free at 800-541-4477). In all medical negligence cases, there are no out-of pocket costs to our clients. We assume all the financial risk and are paid ONLY if we win your case.